2018 Volkswagen Atlas vs. 2018 Ford Explorer
Which 7-Passenger SUV Will You Choose?
The Volkswagen Atlas and Ford Explorer go head-to-head in this comparison. See how the Atlas excels in efficiency and starting price at Jennings Volkswagen of Glenview, IL.
- Performance: When you compare Volkswagen Atlas specs with those of the Ford Explorer, you’ll see that while the Explorer offers more base trim horsepower, the Atlas has the edge in torque.
- Efficiency: The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas mpg reaches 24 mpg combined* in the base trim. The Ford Explorer lags behind with 23 mpg, resulting in higher fuel costs for Evanston, IL drivers.
- Towing Capacity: The 2018 Volkswagen Atlas towing capacity reaches a maximum of 5,000 pounds, the same amount as the 2018 Ford Explorer. Both offer strong towing throughout Glenview, IL
- Starting Price: The Volkswagen Atlas price starts at $30,750 MSRP** in the 2.0T S trim. That’s a significant savings over the Ford Explorer which starts at $32,140 MSRP.
Visit Jennings Volkswagen for More Info
The new Volkswagen Atlas also offers more maximum cargo capacity than the Ford Explorer:
- 2018 Volkswagen Atlas
- Cargo Room Behind 2nd Row – 55.5 cubic feet
- Cargo Room Behind 1st Row – 96.8 cubic feet
- 2018 Ford Explorer
- Cargo Room Behind 2nd Row – 43.8 cubic feet
- Cargo Room Behind 1st Row – 80.7 cubic feet
Looking to learn more? See how the Volkswagen Atlas vs. Honda Pilot comparison comes out, or explore the Volkswagen Atlas vs. Jeep Grand Cherokee.
*Based on EPA estimates. See www.fueleconomy.gov for details. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.
**Starting MSRP of $30,500 for a 2018 Volkswagen Atlas S 2.0L TSI® with 8-speed automatic transmission. Prices exclude transportation, taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.