How To Clean Car Floor Mats
Car floor mats take a beating. They are designed to protect the interior of your vehicle from the elements in addition to spills on a regular basis. Because of this, every now and then they will require a thorough cleaning. Are you wondering how to clean the floor mats? Fortunately, it is quite an easy task you can perform right at home. Learn how to clean rubber floor mats and carpet floor mats with the experts at Jennings Volkswagen.
Before you get started, it is a good idea to compile all of the items you need to get the job done right:
- Rubber Floor Mats: Vacuum, rubber floor mat cleaner, stiff bristle brush, hose or bucket of water, microfiber towel or a place to hang your mats
- Carpet Floor Mats: Vacuum, carpet floor mat cleaner, brush, hose or bucket of water, wet vac if available, or a place to hang your mats
How to Clean Rubber Floor Mats
- To avoid any water damage to your vehicle, take out the rubber floor mats prior to cleaning them.
- Shake the mats out to get rid of loose debris.
- Rinse the mats with clean water.
- Apply a cleanser designed for rubber mats and gently scrub with a stiff bristle brush. This should help to eliminate any grime or debris that still remains.
- Rinse the mats clean.
- Hang up to dry or dry with a microfiber towel. Before you out the rubber floor mats back in your vehicle, they should be thoroughly dry.
How to Clean Carpet Floor Mats
- Once again, you will want to take the floor mats out of the vehicle first to avoid any water damage.
- Use a vacuum to eliminate dirt stuck in the carpet fibers.
- Shake and whack the floor mats against a hard surface to get rid of dust and smaller dirt particles.
- Use a cleaner designed for carpet floor mats and apply it to your floor mats. Because the directions can vary from product to product, you will want to follow the instructions carefully so that you don’t damage the floor mats.
- To get rid of stains or ground-in debris, scrub the mats with the brush.
- Make sure that the mats are rinsed thoroughly.
- Do you have a wet vac on hand? If so, it is a good idea to try vacuuming your floor mats again. If there is any dirt left, it should get rid of the rest while helping the mats to dry quicker.
- Hang your mats to dry. Once they are completely dry, they can be placed back inside of the vehicle.
Keep Your Vehicle in Pristine Condition with Jennings Volkswagen
Now that you know how to clean your car floor mats, you may be wondering about other ways to keep your vehicle in like-new condition. Fortunately, the automotive experts at Jennings Volkswagen would be more than happy to assist you. Learn how to clean leather seats and more with the pros at our state-of-the-art service center. Contact us today if you have any questions.