Getting oil changes at regular intervals is one of the most important responsibilities you have as a vehicle owner, whether you’re the owner of a new Volkswagen or a used vehicle of a different make and model. The rule of thumb used to be to get your oil changed every three months or 3,000 miles, whichever came first. New engineering and research has changed that common wisdom, though, and it’s generally agreed that most vehicles are okay with getting an oil change around every 5,000 miles. These intervals can vary slightly depending on the vehicle, though, so it’s important to check your owner’s manual or get in touch with your Glenview Volkswagen service center to make sure you know the particulars for your make and model.
Why Are Oil Changes So Important?
Oil is the lubricant that prevents excessive friction between the pistons and the inner walls of the housing. If you wait too long to get your oil changed , the oil can run low or get filled with debris. When that happens, excessive engine heating can occur, decreasing the performance and efficiency of the vehicle and putting you and those around you at risk.
How Do I Change My Oil?
If you would like to change your own oil, there are a number of steps you will need to take, including:
- Choosing the right kind of oil
- Preparing supplies and vehicle
- Draining oil from the drain plug
- Tightening the drain plug
- Changing the oil filter
- Adding new oil
- Making sure the oil level is right
Schedule Your Oil Change in Glenview
At Jennings VW, we make it easy to schedule an appointment for an oil change. We aim for speedy, efficient service to have you back on the road in no time. Before you book your appointment, be sure to check out our current service specials for any deals we’re currently running. Our service center is located in Glenview, IL, and you can always contact us if you have any questions about Volkswagen oil changes.
Glenview drivers enjoy having a car that makes sense for their needs, which sometimes means getting out with the old and in with the new. If you currently have a vehicle that’s no longer working for you, then you may want to trade it in for a new model. This process is pretty easy, but it does require you to fully understand how everything works to ensure you’re not being taken advantage of. You’ll want to know your vehicle’s value, get an estimate, and then negotiate the deal.
Find Vehicle Value
In order to fully understand how to trade in your vehicle for the best value, you need to first know what it’s worth. Do some research on your car to find out what you can expect to get. You can use tools like the Kelley Blue Book website to see what the average going rate for your vehicle is. You can also look at what other models like yours are going for on private websites as well as on dealer websites. By knowing this information, you can start to have an idea of what you’ll get for your vehicle if you decide to trade it in for something else.
Once you know what your vehicle’s value, you can use this to start getting some quotes. Most dealerships will give you an estimate for your vehicle as a trade in, so visit those in your area that offer this service. Use what they say against what you know about the value of your vehicle to see if this is a good price for you. If you like what you hear, you can then use that information to decide where you’re going to trade in that vehicle for the best price.
Depending on where you’re going to trade in your vehicle, you can also start to negotiate the value of your trade. For instance, some dealerships may give you additional incentives, such as additional money towards a new vehicle if you opt to purchase from them, or possibly giving you some other perks towards a new car. Plus, if you know that other dealerships in the area are offering more for your trade, use this to help the dealership of your choice to get you the price you want for your vehicle.
Trade in Your Vehicle at Jennings VW
Jennings VW helps Glenview drivers get the most money for your trade in. Not only do we value your trade, but we also have a great selection of new and used vehicles for you to choose from to trade your vehicle in for. Contact us to learn more, or visit us today!
Purchasing a Volkswagen means purchasing years of security thanks to the VW warranty. Volkswagen has taken that security further, now offering the best SUV warranty available on the market: a 6-year/72,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty for both the 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan and 2018 Volkswagen Atlas. Drive with confidence with the New Vehicle Limited Warranty coverage. Jennings VW in Glenview is excited to extend this benefit to our customers!
Volkswagen Has You Covered
The 2018 Tiguan and Atlas aren’t the only new VW vehicles offering generous warranty coverage, but we’re proud to announce that these benefits outdo competitors’ warranties. Research shows that drivers tend to keep their vehicle for six years—and VW is paying attention. For six years, you’ll receive the following:
- Technology Covered: New VW SUVs include luxuries like a Fender Premium Audio System and the Volkswagen Digital Cockpit—both of which are covered.
- Transferrable Benefits: Should you decide to sell your vehicle before the warranty is over, the new owner will inherit coverage at no additional cost.
- Powertrain Confidence: If your vehicle malfunctions due to a mechanical defect, Volkswagen will perform repairs at any authorized dealer at no cost to you.
VW Warranty Against the Competition
Other automakers include limited warranties on new purchases, but they leave you high and dry before defects can rear their ugly head. Volkswagen stands by every new vehicle that leaves the dealership for your protection and satisfaction.
- Popular SUV coverage is limited to 36,000 miles—half of the bumper-to-bumper warranty for the Atlas and Tiguan.
- Even on the high end, automakers like Hyundai and Kia max out at 5-year/60,000-mile warranties.
- You’re covered under the hood and inside the cabin.
Find Your Volkswagen Today
Browse our inventory with a knowledgeable sales specialist at Jennings VW. Then, contact us when you’re ready to make an appointment. We offer competitive financing and easy lease deals for our Evanston and Chicago customers, and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!
The Volkswagen Touareg safety features offer drivers access to impressively advanced engineering, as well as the latest technology guaranteed take some of the stress out of the daily drive.
The Touareg is built to protect cabin occupants from the world outside its doors with solid design elements that include:
High-Strength Steel: A high-strength steel reinforced safety cage provides a rigid support structure, while specially alloyed steel in select exterior body panels help the vehicle to maintain its shape in the event of an impact.
Crumple Zones: Strategically placed front and rear crumple zones absorb the force of impact to prevent harm to those inside.
Advanced Airbags: More than just cushions of air, the next-generation airbags system protects passengers at all seating positions.
Crash Optimization: A crash-optimized front end and crash-optimized pedal controls allow certain parts of the vehicle to deform in an accident, reducing the danger of serious injury to the driver.
4MOTION AWD: Drivers can choose to add the convenience of 4MOTION all-wheel-drive for better traction on slippery surfaces.
The Volkswagen Touareg also offers Evanston commuters a host of standard and available safety systems designed to help avoid collisions. These include:
Electronic Stability Control
Electronic Differential Lock
Engine Braking Assist
Hill Descent Assist
Rollover Sensor System
Automatic Locking Retractors
Tire Pressure Monitoring
Automatic Post Collision Braking
Autonomous Emergency Braking
Lane Change Assist
Lane Departure Warning
Adaptive Cruise Control
Park Distance Control
Every Volkswagen is also equipped with the security of Intelligent Crash Response. In the event of a collision where the airbags are deployed, the ICRS system will cut the power to the fuel pump, unlock the doors, and activate the vehicle’s hazard lights, making it easier for emergency personnel to locate the vehicle.
Explore the Volkswagen Touareg Safety Features at Jennings VW
Contact us today or visit our showroom in Glenview, Illinois to learn more about the Volkswagen Touareg and take it for a test drive. We’ll also walk you through your financing options, so you can purchase a Touareg at a price you can afford.
After your tires and brakes, your windshield wipers might be some of the most important safety equipment on your Volkswagen. If you’ve experienced any of the following issues, it’s time to get new ones:
- Cracked blades
- Unusual noise when in operation
- Bent blade arms
- Failure to clear water
New Windshield Wipers in Five Easy Steps
There’s no need to be intimidated by the prospect of changing your windshield wipers. A few quick steps will have you back on the road to Evanston with your crisp, clear view intact:
- Place wipers in the service position. Newer vehicles require that you turn the vehicle on, off, and pull the wiper lever down once. This will put the wiper arm in the right position, so you can get to work.
- Protect the windshield. Place a towel or other soft material beneath the wiper against the windshield to prevent accidentally scratching the glass.
- Remove old wipers. Lift the wiper arm and press the small tab on the underside of the wiper lever where it meets the old wiper arm. This should allow the old unit to slide off.
- Attach new wiper blade. Line up the hook on the wiper arm with the new wiper blade and press into place. You should hear clicking sounds once the blade arm is properly placed. Repeat for the second windshield wiper.
- Test your work. With both windshield wipers in place, turn the vehicle on, then turn on the wipers on ensure they’re correctly installed. Make any adjustments necessary before you get on the road.
Stop by Jennings Volkswagen to get your car service right
If you have any trouble getting your new wipers in place, or would just rather not do the work yourself, stop by the Jennings VW service center, and we will be happy to lend a hand. We’re located in in Glenview, and you can schedule an appointment online.
Chicago winters can be brutal, and driving through rain, ice, and snow is not only hard on you, it can be murder on your Volkswagen too. But by performing a few Volkswagen winter car maintenance tasks now, or having a professional do it for you, you can stay safe and save money this season.
Get Your Car Ready for Winter with 6 Simple Tasks
Getting ready for winter driving doesn’t need to be a lot of work, but there are a few essential tasks that deserve your attention before the cold weather sets in:
- Inspect Your Brakes. Driving on icy roads is difficult enough even when your brakes work properly. Brakes that are worn or leaking can’t do their job and need immediate attention.
- Replace Your Wipers. A good pair of windshield wipers is an inexpensive way to ensure you have good visibility even when the weather’s bad.
- Check Your Tires. Inspect your tires and look for cracks or leaks that could compromise them during heavy winter driving. You should also inspect your tread depth to be sure there’s enough rubber between you and the road. Simply insert a penny upside down in your vehicle’s tread and, if you can see the top of Abe’s head, it’s time for new tires.
- Top Off Fluids. Check the antifreeze in your cooling system, add winter-ready windshield washer fluid with de-icer, replace the engine oil with thicker oil if needed, and make sure your brake and transmission fluid are topped off.
- Have Your Battery Checked. Extreme Midwest winters can be hard on your vehicle’s battery. Have your local service center check the battery charge, fluid levels, and overall health, so that it can do its job on even the coldest nights.
- Adjust the Headlights. Vehicle vibration and flying debris can cause your headlights to move over the course of the year. Check their alignment to make sure they’re pointed straight ahead and polish the lens for maximum brightness.
Jennings Volkswagen Can Prep Your Car for Winter
If you don’t have the time check these vital areas, let us take care of your Volkswagen winter car maintenance for you. Schedule an appointment with the service professionals at Jennings Volkswagen at 844-742-1086 or stop by our service center at its 201 Waukegan Rd. in Glenview Illinois.
It’s time to share the holiday spirit with your family and friends, and that’s easy to do our list of the top 5 Christmas events near Glenview.
- Holiday in the Park and Parade: November 25th marks the city parade down Glenview Road and leading to Jackman Park for activities like hayrides, caroling, and hot chocolate.
- Winnetka Holiday Tree Lighting: At 5:30 p.m. on December 1st, witness the illumination of the wondrous tree lighting across from Winnetka City Hall with a live visit from Santa and a story from the Grinch!
- Breakfast with Santa at Chevy Chase Country Club: A buffet breakfast kicks off the morning while kids wait to sit in Santa’s lap and wish for their holiday gifts.
- Downtown Evanston Tree Lighting: Head over to Evanston to see the annual tree light up at Church Street Plaza on December 9th, complete with carolers and holiday activities.
- A Christmas Carol 2017: Scrooge is back at the Winnetka Community House on December 2nd and 3rd to showcase the one of the season’s most anticipated plays.
(Photo Credit: Michael Lee Photography)
Jennings VW Helps You Celebrate the Holidays
Enjoy the gift of reliable transportation with a new car or pre-owned vehicle from Jennings VW. We know this time of year can be stressful enough, so we’re here to help you get to these holiday events and enjoy a fun, worry-free day with your loved ones. To get started, contact us online or visit our showroom.