In the summer of 2018, the Volkswagen Arteon is expected to hit American roads. This fastback boasts athletic proportions and race-ready speed, and it’s already a hit in the European market. Find out all about this versatile new speed machine at Jennings Volkswagen.
Arteon Performance Accelerates Ahead
Under the hood of the new Arteon sits a 2.0L turbocharged engine that redefines what a four-cylinder engine can achieve. It reaches 268 hp, and you’ll find the following performance features throughout the vehicle:
- 8-Speed Tiptronic Automatic Transmission
- DCC Adaptive Damping
- Available 4Motion All-Wheel Drive
Step Inside the Arteon in Glenview, IL This Summer
You can also customize the 2019 Arteon with the following interior features:
- 12″ Volkswagen Digital Cockpit
- 700-Watt 11-Speaker Sound System
- Heated, Ventilated, and Massaging Front Seats
- Three-Zone Climate Control
Visit Jennings Volkswagen for More Information
At Jennings Volkswagen, we can’t wait to welcome the Arteon to our showroom near Evanston, IL. Check out our current inventory now, then find out why customers are raving about the Volkswagen People-First Warranty. In addition, you can apply for financing to lock in a low interest rate, or contact us to learn more about the 2019 Arteon.
The 2019 Volkswagen Jetta is coming soon to local Volkswagen dealerships, and in recent months, we’ve been getting a good look at what to expect:
- 10-color ambient interior lighting
- New LED headlights and taillights
- Larger panoramic power sunroof
The New Jetta Redefines the Sedan
Volkswagen engineers have worked hard to bring a new shape and style to this well-loved midsize car. Compared to earlier Jetta models, the 2019 Jetta is lower, wider, and longer, allowing for more athletic handling on the streets of Evanston, IL. Other available Jetta upgrades for 2019 include:
- Two-Tone V-Tex Seats
- Ventilated Leather Seating
- Heated Driver and Front Passenger Seats
- R-Line Cross Differential
In addition, the Jetta is the first Volkswagen in the U.S. to premier the Beats Audio Sound System. Get your playlists ready, because the Jetta is expected in showrooms in the second quarter of 2018.
Visit Jennings Volkswagen to See the 2019 Jetta in Person
Image: McHenry Outdoor Theater
For a classic American moviegoing experience, you can’t beat a drive-in theater. Load up the car and head to one of these options near Glenview, IL:
- Cascade Drive-In – At just 22 miles away, this theater is your closest option. You’ll enjoy stereo FM sound, snacks from the concession stand, and nightly double features.
- McHenry Outdoor Theater – Located in nearby McHenry, IL, this outdoor theater lets you choose between classic 50’s drive-in speakers, your in-car radio, and checking out a radio from concessions. Grab a hot dog and enjoy the movie!
- 49er Drive-In – This drive-in is located further from Evanston, IL than the others, but it’s worth the trip in your new Volkswagen. It’s been listed as one of the “Top Ten Drive-Ins” in USA Today, and they even offer homemade pizzas.
Visit a Retro Drive-In in a New Volkswagen
At Jennings Volkswagen, we know how important it is to support local businesses like these drive-ins. If you’re in the market for reliable transportation to travel throughout the Glenview area, find out about our current incentives and low cost car loans. Visit us for a test drive today!
The 2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI adds pulse pounding performance to the favorite Volkswagen hatchback. All models include these performance systems:
- Sport-tuned suspension
- Electromechanical progressive power steering
- XDS+ cross differential system
- 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 220 hp
Explore Golf GTI Performance Specs at Jennings Volkswagen
On top of those standard performance systems, you can add performance brakes, paddle shifters, and DCC adaptive chassis control. If you choose the new hot hatch from Volkswagen, you’ll receive the following performance specs:
- 2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI
- Horsepower: 220 hp
- Torque: 258 lb-ft
- EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy (City): 25 mpg*
- EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy (Highway): 33 mpg*
In addition, a standard Driving Mode Selection allows you to adjust the performance characteristics of the Golf to suit the demands of the road. The following settings are available:
To learn more about the Golf GTI (including its high tech approach to safety), contact Jennings Volkswagen in Glenview, IL. We also offer low-interest car loans to customers from Evanston and beyond, so stop by today!
*Based on EPA estimates. See www.fueleconomy.gov for details. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.
With so many options for service, you might be wondering why you should visit the service department at Jennings Volkswagen. Compared to other dealerships and local garages, we offer the following advantages:
- Our service center includes an on-site body shop that can take care of collision repairs.
- We’re open on Saturday and on weekday evenings, and you can schedule a maintenance appointment that works around your schedule.
- Our technicians are specifically trained in the needs of Volkswagen vehicles, and they can conduct services ranging from oil changes to transmission repair.
- An on-site tire store with a wide inventory of tires for VW vehicles takes care of installation and balancing.
- Loaner vehicles, a comfortable waiting area, and a quiet workspace provides more flexibility during service appointments
Bring Your VW Vehicle to Jennings Volkswagen Today
On top of those benefits, you can also take advantage of limited time service specials. Visit us today for maintenance at 201 Waukegan Rd. in Glenview, just a short trip from Evanston, IL.
If your Volkswagen vehicle is showing signs your brakes are wearing out, follow these steps to safely switch out the old brake pads. Keep in mind that these instructions are intended for caliper brakes:
- To start, loosen the lug nuts on your wheel. Then jack your vehicle up when it’s on a level surface, but make sure the parking brake is deactivated.
- Remove the slider bolt.
- Pivot the brake caliper up, but don’t disconnect the hydraulic lines.
- Remove the old brakes.
- Your new brakes will come with retaining clips. Snap those into place, then apply grease to the brake pads to prevent squeaking.
- Slide the new brake pads into place.
- Use a C-clamp or a small piece of wood to leverage the piston or pistons back into place.
- Check the brake fluid level after you replace each pad, as it can overflow.
- Return the caliper back to its original position.
- Tighten the slider bolt, mount the tire, and tighten up the lug nuts.
- Test drive the car in low speed conditions to ensure everything is installed correctly.
Evanston Drivers Turn to Jennings Volkswagen for Service
To purchase genuine Volkswagen parts like new brake pads, visit Jennings Volkswagen. You can also schedule a service appointment in Glenview, IL and a highly trained member of our service team will install them. Our most popular service specials often include brake repair and maintenance, so contact us today to get the ball rolling!
Regularly checking the health of your tires is a smart thing to do. It’ll help you avoid blowouts and flats, as well as retaining a strong grip on the road. Keep an eye out for these warning signs:
- Tread – Got a penny? Stick it into the tread of your tire with Honest Abe’s head facing down. If you can still see his entire head, it’s time for new tires.
- Sidewall – A crack in the sidewall could be a sign that you’re about to have a blowout. That could lead to an unsafe situation while travelling the highways around Evanston, IL. Look for unexpected bulges as well.
- Vibrations – If you notice a sudden change in road vibrations, bring your Volkswagen to a reputable service center. Your wheels, tires, shock absorbers, or other critical systems may be compromised.
Where Can I Get New Volkswagen Tires in Glenview?
Volkswagen vehicles deserve the best in service, and that’s what you’ll get at Jennings Volkswagen. We offer frequent service specials, and our tire store stocks tires from many different brands. Schedule an appointment to bring your Volkswagen in today!