Knowing when to get car maintenance is the surest way to keep your Volkswagen running well for many years to come, and the team at Jennings Volkswagen is here to help you know what to do if your check engine light is flashing. Find out what your check engine light issue means, and then make the trip from Evanston to our service center in Glenview, IL.
Why is My Check Engine Light On?
Your check engine light is plugged into a variety of essential vehicle systems, which it monitors constantly in order to warn you of any potential performance issues. Because it monitors a variety of different vehicle diagnostics, your check engine light being on could mean a variety of different things. Here’s what to do:
- Check for a loose gas cap – One of the most common reasons you check engine light could be on is a simple loose gas cap to prevent outside air from contaminating your fuel. Check to see that it’s on tight, and if your check engine light turns off then you’re in luck.
- Check for overheating – If your engine is overheating, your check engine light will come on. This is rather easy to check as well, because the temperature gauge on your engine is located right in the gauge cluster.
- Run a diagnostics test – Newer vehicles often come with advanced technology that allows you to run a vehicle health report. Run this report if you have the ability to to check for other possible reasons for the check engine display.
- Be cautious – If your engine is overheated or there are other serious issues, call for a a tow. If you experience other issues, reduce your speed, go to the right line, turn on your hazard lights, and get to a service center right away.
Bring Your Car in For Service Near Chicago at Jennings VW
Keep your Volkswagen running better for longer by getting your check engine light situation figured out today. If you have any questions before your visit, make sure to check out our FAQs, and then make your way to our Evanston area VW service center at 201 Waukegan Road in Glenview, IL. We’re open for service Monday through Saturday.
The following maintenance steps can help prevent breakdowns while keeping the whole family happy on your next epic road trip:
- Air Conditioning: Staying cool on a long summer road trip requires your air conditioning system to work properly. Is your Volkswagen A/C blowing hot air? Stop by our service center near Evanston, IL for a quick checkup.
- Brakes and Safety Equipment: Even a new Volkswagen model will need routine safety checks. Ask a certified VW technician to make sure the brake pads and rotors are in good shape.
- Tires: Check your tire pressure before heading out on the road from Chicago, IL. In addition, you’ll want to have plenty of tread to handle sudden rainstorms.
- Battery: While battery problems are common in winter, soaring temps are also tough on them. If you’re having any trouble starting your car, stop by Jennings Volkswagen before hitting the road.
Find Volkswagen Service in Glenview, IL
Worried your vehicle might not make the trip? Our service technicians can quickly inspect your car and identify any areas that need repair. Fast service is just one reason to visit Jennings Volkswagen for maintenance, so schedule a service appointment today!
Tire rotation is important on nearly all vehicles, including models with the following drivetrains:
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Part-Time All-Wheel Drive
Because these models distribute force unevenly, your tires don’t wear at the same rate. Rotating your tires helps prevent your front tires from wearing out before your rear ones, and the service experts at Jennings Volkswagen also recommend rotating tires on full-time four-wheel drive vehicles regularly. That’s because the extra weight on the front wheels will cause them to wear faster than the rear wheels. If you’re wondering how often to rotate tires, Jennings Volkswagen can help with that as well.
How Often Should I Rotate My Tires?
Most experts recommend rotating your tires every six months or 7,500 miles. This ensures you have an even wear pattern on all tires, and it keeps your tires in better condition for longer. When you need to pick up a set of new tires, Jennings Volkswagen offers a wide inventory. We’re a trusted local service center in the Chicago, IL area, so get in touch today.
Turn to Jennings Volkswagen for Tire Rotations
Schedule a service appointment at Jennings Volkswagen to take care of tire rotation as part of your spring vehicle maintenance checklist. Our service center and showroom is located just a short trip from Evanston, IL, so stop by today!
After a long winter in Evanston, IL, spring is the perfect time for car maintenance. Be sure to check the following areas:
- Tire Pressure
- Paint Condition
- Power Steering Fluid Level
- Belts and Hoses
- Brake Pad Condition
Car Tune-Up Checklist for Spring
De-icer and cold temperatures can cause problems for all vehicles. When spring arrives, consider the following services to keep your Volkswagen in like-new condition:
- It’s a smart bet that you’ll need an oil change when a new season comes around. Regular oil changes are critical to the health of your car, so turn to a certified Volkswagen service center for maintenance you can trust.
- New tires are often needed in the spring. Check the tread depth then look for any bulges in the sidewall.
- Scrapes in your car’s paint might be disguised by the dirt and grime that Chicago drivers expect. Whether you have a small scuff or a larger paint issue, a qualified body shop will be able to help.
- Topping off your fluids after winter is always important.
- Be sure to check your timing belt and serpentine belt for any visible cracks.
Visit Jennings Volkswagen for Spring Service
The certified service center at Jennings Volkswagen is happy to take care of your regular spring car check up. We use diagnostic equipment specifically designed to identify any issues you may have. Schedule a service appointment today for Volkswagen maintenance in Glenview, IL.
Vehicles in the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned program provide a number of important advantages over standard used cars:
- Extended Warranty – A CPO Volkswagen will come with a limited warranty that extends its original coverage. Check in with your local VW car dealer to see how long the warranty lasts on a particular model.
- Roadside Assistance – Drive with confidence throughout the greater Chicago area with roadside assistance.
- CARFAX Vehicle History Report – Enjoy a comprehensive history of your vehicle, including previous owner info and any repair or maintenance issues.
How Does a Car Qualify for Volkswagen CPO Status?
To be approved into the Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned program, a vehicle needs to pass an inspection that looks at over 100 areas of the vehicle, including:
- Transmission noise
- Engine performance
- Brake stopping distance
- Steering alignment
Shop for a CPO Volkswagen in Glenview, IL
Test drive our latest Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen options at Jennings Volkswagen. Contact us today if you have any questions about our CPO inventory, or stop by our showroom near Evanston, IL to browse it in person.
In the summer of 2018, the Volkswagen Arteon is expected to hit American roads. This fastback boasts athletic proportions and race-ready speed, and it’s already a hit in the European market. Find out all about this versatile new speed machine at Jennings Volkswagen.
Arteon Performance Accelerates Ahead
Under the hood of the new Arteon sits a 2.0L turbocharged engine that redefines what a four-cylinder engine can achieve. It reaches 268 hp, and you’ll find the following performance features throughout the vehicle:
- 8-Speed Tiptronic Automatic Transmission
- DCC Adaptive Damping
- Available 4Motion All-Wheel Drive
Step Inside the Arteon in Glenview, IL This Summer
You can also customize the 2019 Arteon with the following interior features:
- 12″ Volkswagen Digital Cockpit
- 700-Watt 11-Speaker Sound System
- Heated, Ventilated, and Massaging Front Seats
- Three-Zone Climate Control
Visit Jennings Volkswagen for More Information
At Jennings Volkswagen, we can’t wait to welcome the Arteon to our showroom near Evanston, IL. Check out our current inventory now, then find out why customers are raving about the Volkswagen People-First Warranty. In addition, you can apply for financing to lock in a low interest rate, or contact us to learn more about the 2019 Arteon.
The 2019 Volkswagen Jetta is coming soon to local Volkswagen dealerships, and in recent months, we’ve been getting a good look at what to expect:
- 10-color ambient interior lighting
- New LED headlights and taillights
- Larger panoramic power sunroof
The New Jetta Redefines the Sedan
Volkswagen engineers have worked hard to bring a new shape and style to this well-loved midsize car. Compared to earlier Jetta models, the 2019 Jetta is lower, wider, and longer, allowing for more athletic handling on the streets of Evanston, IL. Other available Jetta upgrades for 2019 include:
- Two-Tone V-Tex Seats
- Ventilated Leather Seating
- Heated Driver and Front Passenger Seats
- R-Line Cross Differential
In addition, the Jetta is the first Volkswagen in the U.S. to premier the Beats Audio Sound System. Get your playlists ready, because the Jetta is expected in showrooms in the second quarter of 2018.